I have had the extreme pleasure of meeting Judy Marie and I credit her and her products for turning my life and my health around. I struggled with candida, disk degeneration, chronic fatigue and more for over 25 years, then going through a bout of cancer that coincided with a toxic liver. While I used a multitude of products and sources in trial and error throughout time, Judy Marie’s products are trusted and effective and ones I always come back to. After using some other parasite cleanses, last fall I decided to once again use Pura Cleanse and Pura Site. I lost 10 pounds in 3 months and have been closer to maintaining a healthy digestive tract than I have been in years. She is truly an amazing person with amazing products that I continue to recommend frequently. I truly believe it is a process of continual cleansing that leads to the road of true health and Judy’s products all do just that. Thank you, Judy, for making such a positive difference in my life in so many ways.
If you’ve been used to eating processed, refined low fiber food and you switch to a high fiber diet, you may experience cramping, bloating, diarrhea and gas. Ironically, even constipation can occur if you neglect to drink inadequate amounts of water. The operative term here is “moderation.” Start slowly and gradually increase your intake of fiber. If you do this, your intestinal tract will adjust nicely and you’ll be less “gassy”.
When you eat fibrous foods, bacteria in the bowel attack and digest these complex carbohydrate molecules and in the process methane gas is released. This is the “bean” effect so many of us are familiar with.
Individual reaction to fiber will greatly vary from person to person. The intestinal bacteria responsible for those side effects will gradually adjust to the increased fiber load. Any unpleasant symptoms should decrease and eventually disappear.
Make sure to eat slowly and chew well. Digestive enzymes that break down carbohydrates must be initially activated in the saliva. This can only happen if the food remains in the mouth long enough and is properly broken down by the teeth. Anyone who is used to “snarfing” their food will probably tell you that gas is a problem. Taking a digestive enzyme right before eating can cut down on the formation of gas.
SIMPLE WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR FIBER INTAKE:
- Take Pura Cleanse or Pura Cleanse II in the evening, before bed or 30 minutes before dinner.
- Grab a handful of oat cereal when you get the urge to snack.
- Add bran, millet, barley etc to your meatloaves, casseroles, pancakes, cake and cookie batters, stuffings and compotes.
- Use crunchy granola cereals or barley nuts as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, baked potatoes, fish, salads etc. Always add see or fresh raw fruit to make yogurt more fiber acceptable.
- Eat fresh, raw fruit and vegetables with their peelings whenever possible.
- Reach for prunes, dates or figs when you need to appease a sweet tooth instead of cookies, candies or juice.
- Look for fiber-rich foods offered in salad bars and add them liberally (broccoli, carrots, red beans, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds etc.)
- Buy canned, pre-cooked beans of all kinds and add them to salads, soups, casseroles and stews.
- Keep a good supply of grains on hand that you can add to any recipe to make it more nutritious and “fibery”. Good grains are millet, barley, brown rice, and whole oats.