20% Off CBD Products + Free Shipping with Promo Code SPRING20
5 Symptoms of Vitamin Deficiencies
5 Symptoms of Vitamin and Nutrient Deficiencies
Vitamins are components in all biochemical reactions in the body. We need them to function properly, and when there are vitamin and/or nutrient deficiencies taking place, various bodily manifestations may occur. The causes may be different for different people, but no one is exempt. It may be due to a diet based on excessive processed foods, digestive or food-absorption problems, or not eating enough nutritious, healthy foods. The good news is there’s a solution! With a balanced diet and reinforcing some nutritional aspects, everything can return to normal. The 5 bodily symptoms listed below could be from vitamin and nutrient deficiencies.
Vitamin Deficiency Tip 1:
Symptom: Muscle cramps and stiffness in your feet, calves, arches of the feet, and the back of the legs
- Deficiency: magnesium, calcium, and potassium. If this happens frequently, it is a valid track.
- The solution: eat more bananas, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin, cherries, apples, grapefruit, broccoli, and green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, and dandelions.
Vitamin Deficiency Tip 2:
Symptom: Cracks in the corners of the mouth
- Deficiency: iron, zinc, and B vitamins such as niacin (B3), riboflavin (B2), and B12. It is common for vegetarians to not get enough of these.
- The solution: eat more salmon, tuna, eggs, oysters, clams, dried tomatoes, spinach, sesame paste, peanuts, and legumes such as beans and lentils. Iron absorption is enhanced by vitamin C which helps fight infection, so combine these foods with vegetables like broccoli, red pepper, cabbage, and cauliflower.
Vitamin Deficiency Tip 3:
Symptom: Acne-like red bumps on the cheeks, arms, thighs, and buttocks
- Deficiency: essential fatty acids and vitamins A and D.
- The solution: lower the intake of saturated and trans fats and increase healthy fats. Incorporate more salmon, nuts such as walnuts and almonds, and seeds like ground flaxseed, hemp, and chia. For vitamin A, leafy greens and other colorful vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, and red peppers are excellent options.
Vitamin Deficiency Tip 4:
Symptom: Numbness or tingling in the hands and feet (or elsewhere)
- Deficiency: vitamin B complex, folic acid (B9), B6, and B12. These symptoms may be combined with anxiety, depression, anemia, fatigue, and hormonal imbalances.
- The solution: eat spinach, asparagus, beets, beans (pinto, black), eggs, clams, and mussels.
Vitamin Deficiency Tip 5:
Symptom: Hair loss
- Deficiency: zinc. When hair loss is directly related to the lack of zinc, other events usually occur simultaneously with hair loss and can be a clue confirming an eating disorder.
- The solution: eat foods that contain zinc such as brewer’s yeast, pumpkin seeds, nuts, whole grains, and unpasteurized milk. Add salmon, mushrooms, cauliflower, soybeans, nuts (especially walnuts), raspberries, and bananas to your diet.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. … Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on our website.
Cleanse & Detox