Honoring Yourself Through Self-Care
Honoring the Self and self-care is not just about taking care of your body, it is about taking care of your mind, your consciousness and knowing that you deserve to be happy, to feel good, and to be free from dis-ease. Life is meant to be spent loving, laughing, playing, and connecting – NOT struggling and just trying to make it through the day
This is your chance to change some patterns. Another known fact of life, form follows thought. It’s so simple and freeing. If you want to change your world, change your thoughts. It’s time to create a new plan.
For the next 21 days, set aside the fears, limitations and beliefs, the news/television and honor yourself through the power of self-care. For more on the 21 Day Challenge order my book SHE THOUGHT, SHE COULD SHE DID. I write on how this practice saved my life!
Below is a list of some categories and examples on practices to start offering yourself.
- exercise (running, yoga…)
- diet/nutrition (gut health, eating breakfast…)
- self-pampering (massage, spa day…)
- health care (cleansing, detoxifying, natural supplements, regular check-ups…)
- therapy (self-study, self-inquiry)
- art (can also be physical with dance, listening to music, and social!)
- writing (creative writing, journaling…)
- spending time with loved ones
- setting healthy boundaries
- picking up a new hobby
- daily practice (mindfulness, prayer, meditation, ritual…)
- spending time in nature
- de-clutter your space
- creating a sacred space at home (altar, resting place…)
- fresh flowers/plants and natural light
- memorabilia or photos that are reminders of joy
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. … Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on our website.