Fiber to the Rescue
By Judy Marie
Comments Off on Fiber to the Rescue
The Essential Role of Fiber Fiber plays an essential role in your digestive, heart, and skin health, and may improve blood sugar control, weight management, and more. Consuming fiber increases the immune system in your gut, feeds the good probiotic bacteria there, keeps the digestive lining healthy and absorbs and pulls out excess hormones, cholesterol, fat and toxins from the body.
Fiber is one of the most important factors in maintaining the health of the gastrointestinal tract, not to mention its protective role against several potentially fatal diseases. Benefits of Fiber:
- Decrease stool transit time
- Expedite the removal of potentially dangerous toxins and carcinogens from the bowel by acting as a carrier and by boosting elimination.
- Promotes feelings of fullness because fiber-rich foods absorb water and swell and also move slowly though the digestive tract, helping you feel full faster and for a longer period of time.
- Helps prevent constipation and bacterial infection of the intestinal system by keeping the intestine moist, allowing waste to pass easily through.
- When nutritious high-fiber diets are consumed, food cravings diminish.
- Keep blood sugar levels more stable.
- Bind with bile salts which can help decrease the risk of gallbladder disease and certain types of cancer.
- Create presence of healthier intestinal bacteria.
- Fiber, particularly psyllium husk, may help move yeast and fungus out of your body, preventing them from being excreted through your skin where they could trigger acne or rashes.
- Psyllium: excellent source of indigestible fiber. It adds a lubricating soft bulk, scrubbing the bowel as it moves through and removes toxins and excess cholesterol. It increases bowel transit time.
- Guar Gum: a natural fiber that reduces cholesterol, balances blood sugar and increase nutrient absorption. It lends support to the detoxification process.
- Licorice Root: it is soothing to the digestive tract. It is liver-protective and has antimicrobial properties. It is immune-supportive and a blood purifier.
- Apple Fiber: natural fiber that absorbs cholesterol and increases the excretion of heavy metals. A great food source for friendly bacteria.
- More strength, more endurance, more pep and energy
- You become more efficient with your food assimilation within the body
- As you clean out and tone up the bowel, you will be assured a greater nutritional efficiency for the entire body and all gland and organs will be properly fed and regenerated.