FALL SAVINGS: Get 15% Off + Free Shipping On All Orders!
7 Ways to A Healthy Digestive Tract
7 Ways to a healthy Digestive Tract
Eat at least 7 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Be adventurous and eat a variety of fruits and vegetables in any form – canned, fresh, frozen, or dried. Plant foods are rich in fiber and many disease-fighting chemicals. Fruit serving sizes: 1 cup fresh, 1 tennis-ball sized piece, ½ cup canned, ¼ cup fresh vegetables.
Fruit serving sizes:
- 1 cup fresh
- 1 tennis ball-sized piece
- ½ cup canned
- ¼ cup dried
- 4 oz. 100% juice
Vegetable serving sizes:
- 1 cup raw
- ½ cup cooked
- 6 oz. 100% vegetable juice
1. Choose whole grains more often. The new labeling of “whole grains” on food packaging can help you pick these good grains more often. Look for the word “whole” on the package and within the ingredient list on the nutrition label, making sure that whole grains appear among the first items listed. Then also check the amount of fiber the product contains. Try to choose items with at least 3 grams of dietary fiber per serving for the best benefit.
2. Limit consumption of beef, pork, lamb, and processed meats. Choose poultry or fish more frequently than red meat, and limit processed meats. Smaller portions of meat — consumed less often (a 12-ounce porterhouse steak is really three servings, not one) — are also beneficial. Most people do not need to consume more than six to eight ounces of meat daily. Try replacing meat with dried beans for more fiber. One half cup of beans provides the same amount of protein as 1 ounce of meat.
3. Try the following cooking methods more frequently. Steaming, poaching, stewing, microwaving, braising, and boiling can prevent carcinogen development. If you are grilling, you can remove skin on chicken or fish to reduce exposure. And don’t forget – it’s important to make sure your meat is cooked thoroughly before eating it.
4. Aim for adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D. If you choose to consume more than two or three servings of dairy every day as a source of calcium, you will want to choose low-fat versions. Sun exposure (without a sunscreen) for 10-15 minutes, two times per week is adequate to maintain vitamin D levels, so it’s important to wear sunscreen for any additional time in the sun.
5. Get active. You should get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity most days of the week; 45-60 minutes is preferable for most individuals. (You should always check with your doctor before starting any exercise routine.)
6 .Improve your bowel habits. It is extremely important to be aware of and improve gut and bowel habits. Healing the digestive system and maintaining proper elimination are the simplest ways to see big improvements in our health. Pura Cleanse supports cleansing, healthy digestion, bowel regulation, and detoxification. Cleanse Caps offer gentle, natural relief from occasional constipation. Our products work with your body’s natural elimination channels to help support removal of unwanted waste and toxins, allowing you to enjoy more vibrant health.
7. Drink Plenty of water!
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. … Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on our website.