Candida – The Yeast Beast
What is Candida?
Candida albicans (its official name) is a yeast that inhabits the mouths and intestinal tracts of all humans. That’s right! Everyone has candida. When you are healthy, the candida in your body lives in a symbiotic relationship with you. It will help to detect and destroy other harmful bacteria from harming your body, as well as helping to clean up any excess sugar that may be floating around in your bloodstream that your cells are not able to absorb.
The healthy bacteria in your gut typically keep your candida levels in check. However, several factors can cause the candida population to get out of hand:
- Eating a diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar (which feed the yeast)
- Consuming a lot of alcohol
- Taking oral contraceptives
- Living a high-stress lifestyle
- Taking a round of antibiotics that killed too many friendly bacteria
An imbalance in gut flora can allow specific bacteria and fungi to invade our bodies. Candida is a fungus, which is a form of yeast, and a very small amount of it lives in your mouth and intestines. When overgrowth occurs, candida breaks down the wall of the intestine and penetrates the bloodstream, releasing toxic byproducts into your body.
Candida albicans normally exist in your skin, digestive tract, and for women, in your vagina. In your intestines, your gut flora maintains balance between yeast and bad bacteria. However, taking antibiotics and birth control pills and excessive consumption of sugars and grains can disrupt the delicate balance in your gut. This allows candida cells to rapidly develop and overwhelm the good bacteria.
Candida Spit Test: This is an easy way to test for yeast overgrowth in your gut.
- First thing in the morning, before you put anything in your mouth, fill a clear glass with room temperature bottled water.
- Work up a bit of saliva, and spit it into the glass of water. Check the water every 15 minutes or so for up to one hour.
- If it stays on top it indicates that there is not excessive mucous in your mouth harboring candida.
- If it grows tentacles that hang down toward the bottom you have some candida in your gut that likely needs to be addressed.
- If it sinks to the bottom you likely have significant candida overgrowth in your gut and you need to take action.
Most Frequent Symptoms of Candida
First, the lining of your intestines weakens, allowing allergens and toxins that don’t normally leave your intestines into your bloodstream. Next, you develop a craving for sugars and carbohydrates to try to feed the unnaturally large amount of yeast in your intestine.
This is a double-edged sword because the more sugar and grains you eat, the more the yeast grows out of control. Eventually, this will further weaken your intestinal lining and your immune system.
The right combination of supplements can support and maintain a healthy balance of naturally occurring microorganisms throughout your system. It can also help strengthen your immune system and maintain general good health.
The Candida Control Program
In order to get candida overgrowth under control five things need to be done simultaneously:
- Eliminate foods that feed candida
It’s crucial to eliminate sugars and refined foods to reduce overgrowth. Initially even fruits and high carbohydrate foods may need to be eliminated and then reintroduced to the diet later as you get better. Meat, eggs and low carbohydrate vegetables are what is best to stick with and a small amount of nuts, seeds and low sugar fruit.
- Build up the immune system
-Eating the right foods
-Taking essential supplements
-Avoiding yeast, mold and fungus
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: Remember that herbs and supplements work very gradually in the body. Try them for at least three months before you decide whether or not they are effective.
- Vitamins and minerals. Taking vitamins and minerals help supply your body with the nutrients it needs to help you regain optimum health.
- A properly functioning bowel is essential for overall health. Pura Cleanse, the Super Herb & Fiber Detox Drink is a gentle, effective and natural total body cleansing detox that supports the body’s natural detoxification and cleansing processes. Pura Cleansepromotes bowel health and regularity while supporting the elimination of wastes, toxins, parasites, and heavy metals.
- Colon cleansing is often used in conjunction with the candida treatment program because it physically removes the yeast from the bowel and alleviates die off.
- Kill off candida overgrowth
There are many anti-fungal agents that kill off candida overgrowth, including raw garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive leaf extract and Pau d’arco. However, candida gets resistant to antifungals, so they must be rotated to prevent resistance. Food grade hydrogen peroxide is effective as well, and doesn’t need rotated.
- Check out antifungal supplements.
- Colloidal Silveris a health supplement commonly used to kill bacteria, viruses, germ and fungus infections. It has been effective in combating and preventing bacterial illnesses, colds, flu, staph and strep.
- Pura Site is an advanced microorganism detox solution that promotes balance of intestinal microbes. Pura Site is formulated to effectively help combat many conditions people are suffering from due to a microorganism that grows, feeds and obtains nourishment and protection while offering no benefit to its host.
- To reduce yeast in the intestine, try caprylic acid (1,500 mg a day), supplemental garlic (5,000 mcg a day of allicin potential in an enteric-coated supplement), or oregano oil (0.2 to 0.4 ml a day of a coated supplement)
- Plant good bacteria in the digestive tract
As the yeast overgrowth is being killed off by anti-fungal agents, it is important to ingest a constant supply of probiotics. These are the ‘friendly’ or ‘beneficial’ bacteria, or microorganisms, that live in the digestive tract. As yeast colonies are reduced, space becomes available for colonizing the other healthy bacteria. The most numerous bacteria found in the small intestines are species of Lactobacilli. In the colon the majority are mainly Bifidobacteria.
- Miracle Choice™ Probiotic 25 is a powerful blend of 10 clinically validated friendly bacteria strains and 25 billion colony forming units which can help support a positive balance of microflora in the intestines. It has a balanced spectrum of live organisms containing acid-resistant probiotic bacterial strains known to support a healthy functioning immune system and to naturally colonize the human GI tract.
- Manage the Healing Crisis
The Healing Crisis is brought about when the body becomes overcrowded with waste and toxins. Cells and tissues begin to throw off the waste and carry it from the bloodstream to various eliminating organs including the bowels, kidneys, lungs, skin, nasal passages, ears, throat, and genital organs. These organs in turn become congested and irritated producing symptoms such as colds, boils, kidney and bladder infections, headaches, open sores, diarrhea and fevers.
Die-off symptoms are caused by high numbers of yeast being killed off which releases a high number toxins into the system.
The most important aspect of the healing crisis is to never go to extremes in making changes to your diet or lifestyle. It is important to gradually introduce changes one at a time, allowing the body to adapt to the changes and adjust itself. The keys to successfully overcoming candida are: 1) sticking to the Candida Control Program, 2) being patient, and 3) being persistent. You will get well.
Read everything you can get your hands on, consult with a variety of practitioners and educators. The more you know, the more effective your candida treatment approach will be.
Meanwhile, pay close attention to signals your body sends you. They may be very subtle, but very important to notice. You may notice changes in things like energy, appetite, sleep, taste, smell, hearing, eyesight, etc.
Unfortunately, candida treatment is not always a straight and narrow path. It often takes a lot of trial and error. It definitely takes a lot of education and patience. Yeast is extremely persistent, resilient and hardy. You may make progress for a while and then have a major or minor setback. Be prepared for a battle.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and does not constitute medical or other professional advice. … Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on our website.