When you invest in your health, you look good, feel good, live longer and live more fully. The key to success is to make it easy and make it fun!
- 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Cut out fatty foods (except for healthy fats like avocados, seeds and nuts)
- Keep your protein lean
- Cook with oils such as olive or sunflower
- Limit your salt
- Stay Hydrated
- 2.5 hours of aerobic exercise per week, i.e. brisk walking, dancing, etc.
- Muscle-building exercise for all major muscle groups (legs, hips, back, abdomen, chest, shoulders, and arms) 2 or more days per week.
- 150 minutes of exercise per week = time watching a movie
- Break exercise up into 10 minute increments and spread it over the week
- Find and rid yourself of stressors in your life
- Only work on things you can control
- Work towards better time management
- Keep solid boundaries in work and family life
- Caring does not equal worrying
- Keep a sleep schedule
- Don’t exercise within 4 hours of bedtime
- No caffeine after 2 p.m.
- Use white noise to relax
- Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night
Who is positive in your life? Those who:
- Encourage and enable the pursuit of new opportunities and help you thrive.
- Support you in the face of adversity so you remain connected to your core purposes.
The Benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Prevention of illness
- Increased energy
- Increased physical and mental endurance
- Better sleep
- Enhanced mood
- Physical fitness and weight loss
- Sharper mental functioning
- Motivation to become involved in social activities
Make a commitment to natural health and wellness, and reap the benefits of a better you. Healthy living can transform your life and help you achieve success in all aspects of your life.