Fight Leaky Gut By Cutting Out These Foods
The gut is the gateway to health. If your gut is healthy, chances are that you’re in good health. The condition known as Leaky Gut can be caused from foods, infections, and toxins. Gluten is the number one cause of leaky gut. Other inflammatory foods like dairy or toxic foods, such as sugar and excessive alcohol, are suspected as well. The most common infectious causes are candida overgrowth, intestinal parasites, and small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). Toxins come in the form of medications, like Motrin, Advil, steroids, antibiotics, and acid-reducing drugs, and environmental toxins like mercury, pesticides and BPA from plastics. Stress and age also contribute to a leaky gut.
- Certain foods have a high risk of causing leaky gut. One major offender is gluten. Wheat, rye, barley, and beer as well as some ancient grains all contain gluten, cause inflammation, and should be avoided.
- Casein, the protein in dairy, has a similar amino acid sequence to gluten and causes the same reaction in your gut. If you want to avoid a leaky gut, avoid dairy.
- The next most common food sensitivity problem comes from eggs, specifically the protein in egg whites. There is a protein in egg white called lysozyme that acts like a Trojan horse, bringing in hidden problems and allowing access to other peptides into our bloodstream.
- Another problematic food group are nightshades. These include tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and peppers. These foods contain alkaloids that can destroy the cells lining the digestive tract of some people, increasing permeability.
5.) Sugar/White Flour
- Next, cut out sugar and products containing white flour. These products may promote the growth of Candida in some people. Candida causes the cells lining the small intestine to shrink, making it more porous and allowing intestinal toxins to enter blood and tissue.
By avoiding these 5 specific foods you can help prevent and treat anxiety and depression naturally, without the use of medication. Healing your gut and reducing inflammation will heal you inside and out.