Beauty Remedies Using Cinnamon
Cinnamon, is a spice that we all love. The aroma, the color, taste everything about cinnamon is great. We all know its benefits as a flavor enhancer but did you know it has ample of beauty benefits too?
Cinnamon can save you from a lot of skin issues and help you get a flawless skin. Cinnamon has been used in the make of several cosmetics for the same reason. They are super rich in antioxidants which help in slowing down the aging process in our body. It is composed of several vitamins and minerals that help in making our skin as well as hair gorgeous.
- Acne: Cinnamon has from time immemorial been used in treating acne as well as pimples. All you got to do is, take a tablespoon of cinnamon and mix it with 3 tablespoon of honey and apply it on the pimples. You have a choice of leaving it overnight on the pimples or just leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off.
- Eczema: Inflamed and irritated skin is generally the symptoms of eczema. This can leave light colored patches on the skin of not treated properly. 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp honey has to be applied on the skin regularly to calm down the eczema. Do the patch test before going for this treatment.
- Skin aging: Cinnamon has the power to delay aging! It increases the collagen level for 6 hours after applying it. Cinnamon has the ability to promote collagen biosynthesis. Therefore cinnamon packs can help you keep your skin young-looking for a long time.
- To enhance the complexion: Cinnamon helps in improving the complexion. Thanks to the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that cinnamon possesses. Make a face mask consisting of banana puree, yogurt, Cinnamon powder and lemon juice and apply it on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Combats Dry Skin: Cinnamon can help in getting rid of dead skin cells thereby restoring the shine and softness in the skin. To make this happen make a face scrub with cinnamon powder, almond oil, olive oil, sea salt and honey. Mix it well and apply it on the face and scrub it in circular motion.
- For hair growth: Honey and cinnamon is a deadly combination that works equally well on skin as well as hair. Combine cinnamon powder and honey in equal quantity along with 1 spoon olive oil and 1 egg. Apply this hair mask on the hair for 20 minutes and then wash off. This hair mask stimulates the hair growth.
- For blood circulation: Cinnamon oil is very good to improve blood circulation . Make sure to use Cinnamon oil made from the leaves for this purpose.
- Heals wound: If you have any wounds on your body, then look no further cinnamon can rescue you. Dust a pinch of cinnamon over the wound and it will heal fast. Cinnamon kills the Bacteria and this will help in faster healing.